Assassins: the Musical
Presented by: Warner Theatre
Approximate running time: 2 hours
47 River Rd
Barkhamsted CT 06063
We are bringing back the cast of our acclaimed 2015 Nancy Marine Studio Theater production of Stephen Sondheim's ASSASSINS in a re-imagined, LIVE! socially distant
car show performance!
This encore presentation is directed by Katherine Ray with music director Dan Koch and features Warner stage alumni - Matt Cornish, Ian Diedrich, Adam Fancher, John Farias, Michelle Funaro, Joe Harding, Tony Leone, Lyn Nagel, Josh Newey, Keith Paul, Steffon Sampson, Juliette Koch, Trevor Rinaldi, Noel Roberge, Jonathan Ross and Priscilla Squiers.
Spaces are limited! Only 175 cars will be admitted (including 20 VIP spots) - $100 per car with up to five passengers general admission or $250 per car with up to five passenger VIP.
“It took a little finger no time to change the world.” ASSASSINS is not a musical about an American Presidential assassin, it’s about nine of them. This one act historical “revusical” explores the dark side of the American experience when our nation's most notorious assassins gather to violently pursue a twisted American Dream. From John Wilkes Booth to Lee Harvey Oswold, writers Stephen Sondheim and John Weidman bend the rules of time and space, taking us on a nightmarish roller coaster ride in which assassins and would-be assassins from different historical periods meet, interact and inspire each other to harrowing acts in the name of the American Dream.
A multiple Tony Award-winning theatrical tour-de-force, ASSASSINS combines Sondheim's signature blend of intelligently stunning lyrics and beautiful music with a panoramic story of our nation's culture of celebrity and the violent means some will use to obtain it, embodied by America's four successful and five would-be presidential assassins. Bold, original, disturbing and alarmingly funny, ASSASSINS is perhaps the most controversial musical ever written.“When you’ve got a gun, everybody pays attention.”
ASSASSINS contains strong language, gun violence and adult situations. It may not be suitable for all ages.
ASSASSINS is presented through special arrangement with MUSIC THEATER INTERNATIONAL (MTI).
The safety of our guests and staff are of the utmost importance. We will be taking the following precautions to ensure everyone’s safety based on local, state and federal guidelines for our special fundraiser performance at Pleasant Valley Drive-In. Please adhere to the rules as outlined – we are guests of the Pleasant Valley Drive-In and want them to be able to continue to host events like this as well as their weekly movies – PLEASE do your part!
We will only be allowing online tickets to be purchased. If you are unable to purchase tickets online, please contact us at ASAP to set up other arrangements.
We thank everyone for your continued support! We are excited to be able to provide a safe activity for all to enjoy!
RULES AND GUIDELINES
- Keep 6ft distance with people when exiting your vehicle and at all times on the drive-in property.
- Masks must be used at all times when not in your vehicle.
- You must remain in your vehicle at all times during the performance, with the exception of going to the restroom or concession stand. NO social gatherings are permitted anywhere on the drive-in property.
- One person at a time in the restroom. The line will form outside the door with 6 foot distancing markers in place.
- Besides the hand sanitizers in each restroom, volunteers will also have spray bottles with hand sanitizers for your use.
- Our liquor license does not allow us to serve alcohol off-site. State Law and local ordinances do not allow open containers in public and we therefore cannot legally allow patrons to bring their own alcoholic beverages.
- Parking is limited to 175 cars with 20 VIP spots.
- Please arrive early so we can spread out and avoid lines.
- Cars will all be parked facing the screen. Truck/large vehicles may be parked with the truck bed facing the screen (but those will be parked towards the rear of the drive-in).
- All spots are General Admission (with the exception of the VIP spots). Larger vehicles will be parked towards the rear of the drive-in to ensure sightlines to the performance area/screen for everyone. All sections will have good visibility of the performances which will be projected onto the movie screen as well as performed live from the truck beds at the front of the drive-in lot.